Thursday, July 9, 2009

SLC trip












Our second day in Utah was spent going down to the Salt Lake City area. We visited the Church History Museum, Temple Square, The Jordan River temple, and we to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. It was fun to see my great grandmother Catherine Alvira Webb's sun bonnet on display. In the same display was a sketch of Orderville, Utah sketched by my great-great grandfather Isaac Van Wagner Carling. They helped settle that town under the church's "united order".

It was a neat experience to take the family through the temple. They were able to learn a bit about what goes on in the different rooms. We were able to clarify some things with the kids that they had been wondering about, such as baptism for the dead. The chandelier's were my favorite part of the decor. Beautiful!

That evening we went over to one of Doug's high school friends home in Spanish Fork. They invited over a few other friends from Riverside and had a good little reunion. Very nice people! I ate some bad Mexican food a few hours earlier so was a bit grumpy and in pain but I am glad Doug had the opportunity to visit with some old friends.

1 comment:

Kalyn said...

I'm so sorry to hear you were not feeling well that night. My husband sure enjoyed talking with you. He said you were very attractive too. Good thing I'm not a jealous person. I thought it was sweet of him. I felt bad for the spouses to have to endure a night of old friends getting together. I hope we can do it again some day.