Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Surprise

Friday night through Saturday afternoon Doug was on a camp out with the 12 and 13 year old boy scouts. Since our garage was neglected all winter and became quite the disaster, I decided the kids and I would surprise Doug and have it cleaned when he came home. It took several hours on Saturday and a van full of trash but we got it done. When he came home I had both garage doors open and he said "when I pulled up I was so happy to see the garage clean I almost cried!". I think it was even more appreciated after only 5 hours of sleep and several miles of hiking that day. One more thing to check off my to-do list.
Alayna successfully dodged all of the picture I tried to take of her, naughty girl. Ariana spent Friday night at a friends house and came home right as we were finishing up. She lucked out this time. There will be many more fun projects for her coming up!!!

1 comment:

Camey Tucker said...

What a wonderful surprise. I know from the looks of my garage that I would have appreciated that soooo much too!