Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring Projects

We started on our spring project this week; fixing up the deck. The boards had peeling paint so we started to sand them in the fall. Unfortunatley, we didn't get it finished. Doug had a great idea to unscrew the boards and run them through the planer then screw them back in. Sounded great to me, it is money saving and eco-friendly! We spent about 5-6 hours on it so far and have a couple more to go, then painting. Our goal is to wrap it up by the end of next week.

Other things we are working on our cleaning up our flower beds and removing the decorated rocks that migrated into our lawn over the winter. That is what I'm working on in the grass with the bucket. There are so many rocks, so far out in the yard, it makes me wonder what my children were doing...pelting each other with them? I also included a couple cute pics of our cat meowie sunbathing on a stool in Arissa's room.

No comments: