Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thansgiving Day Graphics

It is that time of year when we think of all of the things we are thankful for in our lives. I did a little digging and found a few quotes about being thankful that I'd like to share.

“Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.”(Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.)

“Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.” (Oprah Winfrey)

“In every one's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.” (Albert Schweitzer)

I have had some people come into my life over the years who have rekindled my inner spirit. I am so thankful for them. I am thankful for my wonderful husband who has loved me and put up with my craziness for so these past 18 years. I'm thankful for my children who I love dearly and who are growing up way too fast. I'm thankful for my parents and their example of hard work and selflessness. I'm thankful for good, stable employment that we enjoy and that sustains our family's needs. I'm thankful for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and how it blesses my life and the lives of so many of my friends and loved ones. I'm thankful for too many things to possibly list...I'm thankful for you taking the time to read my blog because that shows that you care enough about us to take the time to read this! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

L J N S S A said...

We love you and your family! Happy Thanksgiving!

Stacy Summers said...

Looking forward to seeing you in an hour!!! My house smells so good! Great quotes! Thank you for being a dear friend.... We love your family too.

StevensFamily said...

Oh, we are grateful for the Watkins Family and their butter, sugar, eggs, friendship or whatever I need and lack! :)